This quick stir-fried shrimp recipe has crisp snap peas, scallions and a delicious, citrusy sauce made with orange juice, dried orange peel and a splash of sherry. Served with steamed rice, it’s a light, easy dinner that can be on the table in just about 30 minutes.
Stir-Fried Orange Peel Shrimp
- 1-1/4 lbs large shrimp, peeled (tails left on) and deveined
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry, or Chinese rice wine
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb sugar snap peas, ends trimmed
- 1 heaping tablespoon [dried orange peel], see notes
- 4 scallions, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the shrimp, cornstarch and 2 teaspoons of the orange juice. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Whisk the remaining 1/3 cup orange juice, sherry and sriracha together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and stir fry just long enough for the shrimp to turn opaque on the outside, about 1 minute.
- Add the snap peas, stir fry an additional 30 seconds, then add the orange juice mixture and dried orange peel. Continue cooking just long enough for the sauce to thicken, 1/2 to 1 minute. Stir in the scallions and remove from the heat.
- Serve over steamed white rice.