This colorful vegetable combo is quick and easy to prepare. The crispy, crunchy snow peas are a nice complement to grilled meats and fish as well as a variety of Asian-inspired dishes.
Stir-Fried Snow Peas, Red Pepper and Shallots
- 1 lb fresh snow peas, ends trimmed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook about 1 minute or until fragrant being careful not to burn the garlic. Add the chopped pepper and cook until it begins to soften. Add the snow peas and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.