This is a quick, versatile recipe for oven-roasted potatoes that’s become one of our favorite go-to side dishes. With less than five minutes of hands-on prep time and easy cleanup, it’s the perfect complement to simple entrées like oven-baked fish, grilled steak, chicken or roasted pork tenderloin.
Roasted Potatoes Oreganata
- 2 lbs baby yellow potatoes, or any other variety suitable for roasting
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and coat a large, shallow baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Wash the potatoes, cut them into 1-inch pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper and a light sprinkling of garlic powder. Toss to combine.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking pan and roast until tender and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.