This is a quick, versatile recipe for oven-roasted potatoes that's become one of our favorite go-to side dishes. With less than five minutes of hands-on prep time and easy cleanup, it's the perfect complement to simple entrées like oven-baked fish, grilled steak, chicken or roasted pork tenderloin.Print
Roasted Potatoes Oreganata
These savory oven-roasted potatoes are quick to prepare and complement a variety of simple main dishes like grilled steaks and chops, oven-baked fish and roast chicken or pork.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 lbs baby yellow potatoes (or any other variety suitable for roasting)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and coat a large, shallow baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Wash the potatoes, cut them into 1-inch pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper and a light sprinkling of garlic powder. Toss to combine.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking pan and roast until tender and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.