Ramen Cabbage Noodles with Sriracha-Garlic Butter
This satisfying ramen noodle side dish is made with sautéed savoy cabbage and flavored with a spicy, sriracha-garlic butter, scallions and cilantro.
These ramen noodles are an Asian-style variation of one of our most popular recipes, Hungarian Cabbage Noodles. Made with ramen and sautéed savoy cabbage flavored with melted butter, sriracha and garlic, these noodles have a distinctively Asian flair, but still deliver the all the comfort food qualities of the Hungarian version.
- 6 ounces ramen noodles
- 1 medium head savoy cabbage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sriracha (or more to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, pressed (or very finely chopped)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Put a pot of salted water on to boil for the ramen noodles.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the cabbage a handful at a time and sauté each addition until slightly softened before adding more.
- Once all the cabbage has been added, continue cooking until tender, 6 to 10 minutes, then season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine the melted butter, sriracha and garlic in a small bowl. Drizzle over the cabbage and toss to combine.
- If your ramen comes with flavor packets, reserve them for another use. Cook and drain the noodles according to package directions, then return them to the pan.
- Add the cabbage mixture along with the scallions and cilantro and combine thoroughly. Taste and adjust the seasoning as desired and transfer to a serving bowl.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 321mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g