Oven-frying is a quick, easy way to prepare pork chops and they turn out every bit as tender and juicy as pan-fried, but without the extra oil. This recipe uses bone-in rib chops coated with a simple blend of breadcrumbs, seasoning and parmesan cheese, but other cuts or even boneless chops will yield the same delicious results.Print
Oven-Fried Parmesan Pork Chops
Coated with a lightly seasoned mix of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, these easy, oven-fried pork chops turn out deliciously tender and juicy every time.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dishes
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops (1/2 to 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil and coat it lightly with nonstick spray.
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a shallow dish (a pie plate works well) and set aside.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and a few grinds of black pepper on a plate.
- Working with one chop at a time, coat both sides of the pork in the egg mixture, then dip into the crumbs. Use the back of a spoon to gently press the crumbs onto the pork to be sure they adhere nicely.
- Repeat the process with the remaining chops and transfer them to the prepared pan. Bake until golden brown and cooked to your liking, 10 to 15 minutes (depending on thickness).
- Allow the chops to rest for 5 minutes before serving.