How To Cook Bacon In The Oven
Cooked bacon is a great thing to have on hand for adding flavor to all kinds of dishes and baking it in the oven is the easiest cooking method we've found. It always turns out perfectly crisp and evenly browned and as an added bonus, cleanup is a cinch.
Recipe for Baked Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line 2 shallow baking pans with heavy duty aluminum foil and coat them with nonstick spray.
- Position a rack on each pan (we generally use 10-inch square cake cooling racks) and coat them thoroughly with nonstick spray as well. If you don't have rack sizes that will work for this, you can also place the bacon directly on the foil.
- Arrange the bacon slices side-by-side. It's okay for them to be close together, but don't overlap the strips as they can fuse together during cooking.
- Bake the bacon for 10 minutes.
- Rotate the pans to ensure even cooking and if you're not using a rack, drain off some of the fat as well so that the bacon strips aren't submerged.
- Return the bacon to the oven and bake until crisp, 8 to 12 minutes longer depending on the thickness of the slices.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and drain on several thicknesses of paper towels.
How To Store Cooked Bacon
Once cooled, wrap the bacon strips in aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. You can also freeze the strips for 4 to 6 weeks without losing flavor – they defrost in a matter of minutes.