This simple, sheet pan dinner recipe is a sweet and savory combination of smoked chicken sausage, tart Granny Smith apples and baby potatoes tossed with olive oil, shallots, thyme and a touch of honey. Add a salad to round out the meal and you have a quick, easy dinner that's ready in just half an hour.Print
Roasted Chicken Sausage with Potatoes and Apples
This quick roasted sheet pan dinner is made with smoked chicken sausage, apples and baby potatoes tossed with olive oil, shallots, thyme and honey.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main Dishes
- 4 links smoked chicken (or turkey) sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces (see notes)
- 3/4 lb potatoes baby potatoes, halved or quartered (depending on size)
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and coat a large sheet pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and arrange them on the prepared baking pan. Roast for 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes roast, combine the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, shallots, thyme and honey in a large bowl. Add the apples and sausage, season with a bit of freshly ground black pepper and combine thoroughly.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, add the sausage and apples and toss to combine. Roast for an additional 15 minutes, or until the potatoes and apples are tender and the sausage is heated through.
Although just about any type of mild chicken sausage will work for this recipe, we recommend using something with a sweet-savory flavor profile like Aidell's Chicken and Apple Sausage or al fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage. Both brands are all-natural and readily available in many supermarkets.