The recipe is a simple combination of smoked chicken sausage, tart Granny Smith apples and baby potatoes tossed with olive oil, shallots, thyme and a touch of honey.
Add a salad to round out the meal and you have a quick, easy dinner that’s ready in just half an hour.
More Sheet Pan Dinners:
- Honey Balsamic Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Mediterranean Sheet Pan Fish Dinner
- Sheet Pan Salmon with Potatoes and Green Beans
Roasted Chicken Sausage with Potatoes and Apples
- 4 links smoked chicken, or turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces (see notes)
- 3/4 lb potatoes baby potatoes, halved or quartered (depending on size)
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and coat a large sheet pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and arrange them on the prepared baking pan. Roast for 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes roast, combine the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, shallots, thyme and honey in a large bowl. Add the apples and sausage, season with a bit of freshly ground black pepper and combine thoroughly.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, add the sausage and apples and toss to combine. Roast for an additional 15 minutes, or until the potatoes and apples are tender and the sausage is heated through.
Leave a Reply