This all-purpose seasoning blend is versatile enough to use on a wide variety of foods including roasted vegetables, meats, potatoes and salads.
This all-purpose seasoning blend is a robust combination of salt, spices and herbs, and our favorite go-to for sprinkling on just about everything from salads to chicken, fish, pork or potatoes.
We especially like it for roasted vegetables because the sugar in the mixture helps them caramelize beautifully as they roast.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, lightly crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- Add all the ingredients except for the sugar to a small bowl and combine well.
- Mix in 1-1/2 tablespoons of the sugar, taste and add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon if desired.
- Transfer the seasoning to a standard-sized spice jar with a large-hole shaker top and tight-fitting lid.
- Store in a cool, dry place and use as desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 108 Serving Size: 1/4 teaspoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 59mg Carbohydrates: 0g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 0g