Gorgonzola, Olive and Garlic Bruschetta
This easy bruschetta combines a creamy mixture of crumbled gorgonzola cheese and big green olives stuffed with mellow cloves of whole garlic on top of toasted Italian bread. It makes a great addition to a tapas-style party. Serve with a light red wine like Pinot Noir.
- 18 large garlic stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Rustic-style Italian bread (about 8-inch diameter)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut about six 1/2-inch thick slices from the center section of the Italian bread, then cut each of those slices in half. Preheat a grill pan (or grill). Brush both sides of each piece of bread with olive oil. Grill the bread until lightly toasted and set aside.
- Finely chop the garlic stuffed olives and place in a mixing bowl. Add the whipped cream cheese and crumbled gorgonzola. Combine thoroughly.
- Divide the olive-cheese mixture amongst the bread slices and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in the oven for about 3 minutes to soften the cheese and warm the olives. Serve immediately.