Glazed Sesame Salmon
These Glazed Sesame Salmon fillets are flavored with soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger, oven-roasted and served with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes.
Salmon fillets, when oven-roasted at a high temperature make for a flavorful, fast and healthy entree.
To make Glazed Sesame Salmon, we simply spoon on a tasty soy sauce and honey-based glaze to give the fish a fabulous, sweet and savory flavor.
A serving of mashed potatoes, spiked with a little wasabi paste (aka Wasabi Mashed Potatoes) are the perfect accompaniment for this dish.
To find out how to make them, see our basic recipe for Creamy Mashed Potatoes and check the flavor variations for the wasabi version.
- 1 lb salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick), skin removed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds (white, black or combination)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and generously spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a small bowl.
- Cut the salmon into 4 serving size pieces and arrange on the prepared pan in a single layer.
- Spoon a little of the soy sauce mixture onto each piece of salmon and rub it in with the back of the spoon.
- Turn the pieces over, and using the rest of the mixture, coat the other side of the salmon.
- Bake for 8 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle sesame seeds evenly over the fish.
- Return to the oven until the salmon reaches the desired doneness, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Serve over Wasabi Mashed Potatoes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 508mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 26g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.