A real crowd-pleaser, this easy-to-make appetizer is made with fresh ravioli coated in a mixture of breadcrumbs and spices, shallow-fried and served with marinara sauce.Print
Fried Ravioli with Marinara
Crumb-coated mini ravioli, shallow-fried and served with marinara sauce for dipping make an appetizer that’s sure to please even the fussiest eater.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 9 ounces refrigerated mini ravioli (about 1-inch square)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1–1/2 cups unflavored, dry bread crumbs
- 1–1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Light olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup Chunky Marinara Sauce
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a pie plate or similar shallow dish. Combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and spread evenly over a large plate.
- Heat about 1/4-inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (about 375°F).
- Add about half of the ravioli to the egg mixture and toss to coat thoroughly. Use a fork to transfer them one at a time to the crumb mixture. Turn each ravioli in the crumbs once or twice, pressing on them gently to be sure the crumbs adhere.
- Add the ravioli to the hot oil and fry until crisp and golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side at most. Drain on paper towels and transfer to a serving plate. Repeat the process with the remaining ravioli.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.