Meatloaf is one of those traditional comfort foods that everyone seems to love, but it does require some time in the oven. These quick-cooking patties have all the qualities of a classic meatloaf, but require less than half the time to prepare – perfect for a weeknight meal. We used ground turkey, but feel free to substitute ground beef, pork or veal.Print
Turkey Meatloaf Patties
These quick-cooking patties have all the flavor of a classic meatloaf and make an easy and delicious weeknight meal. Our recipe is made with ground turkey, but ground beef works just as well.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main Dishes
- 1 lb ground turkey (not breast meat)
- 2 slices soft bread, crusts removed (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Tear the bread into small cubes and place them in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the milk over top and combine with your hands until the bread has absorbed the milk. Add the egg, mix well, then add the ground turkey, salt, pepper, onion, celery and parsley.
- Using your hands, combine the ingredients thoroughly, form into 6 uniformly-sized patties and set aside.
- Note: If using turkey, the mixture will be quite wet and sticky. It helps to moisten your hands with a little vegetable oil when forming the patties.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook until nicely browned, about 4 minutes per side. Add the chicken broth, cover and cook, turning several times, until the meat is no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 4 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
We recommend using a hearty, dense bread like oatmeal or sourdough for this recipe.