Our summer sangria recipe uses fresh, ripe berries and tangy citrus to give a refreshing and flavorful twist to this classic Spanish-style wine punch. It’s a great choice for casual entertaining because it pairs well with classic summer fare like grilled steak, burgers and barbecue.
Summer Berry Sangria
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 bottle medium-bodied, dry red wine (Pinot Noir, Merlot)
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Orange and/or lemon wheels for garnish
- Remove any seeds from the orange and lemon slices and place them in the bottom of a large pitcher. Using a muddler or wooden spoon, gently muddle the fruit to release some of the juices.
- Add the strawberries, raspberries, red wine, triple sec and orange juice. Stir to combine, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours. To serve, pour the sangria over ice, add some of the berries if desired and garnish with a fresh slice of orange or lemon.