Garlic-Parmesan Topped Tilapia
This recipe makes a quick, easy and healthful meal. The crispy crumb topping is made with fresh breadcrumbs, garlic and parmesan cheese and can used on any thin white fish fillet like flounder or sole, so feel free to experiment.
Serve along with sautéed spinach and oven-roasted tomato slices for a satisfying, low-carb meal.
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 1-1/4 lbs)
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray and arrange the fish fillets in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Brush the fish fillets with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, top evenly with the crumb mixture, patting gently with the back of a spoon to be sure it adheres well.
- Bake until the crumbs are golden brown and the fish flakes easily, 8 to 12 minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.