Perfect for summer entertaining, this refreshing variation on a mojito is made with muddled watermelon, fresh basil, lime juice and white rum.
- 5 or 6 small chunks fresh watermelon
- 4 large basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 ounce freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1-1/2 ounces white rum
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- Basil sprig for garnish
- Thoroughly muddle the watermelon and basil together with the lime juice in the bottom of a mixing glass.
- Transfer to a rocks glass and top with ice. Shake the remaining ingredients with ice and strain into the glass with the watermelon. Garnish with a sprig of basil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.