This warm spinach salad is delicious served with pasta, roast chicken or broiled fish. The sweetness of the roasted red peppers combined with the saltiness of the olives creates an easy “dressing” and a flavorful side dish with very little effort.
Warm Spinach Salad w/Roasted Red Peppers and Olives
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon green olive brine
- 3 medium red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup large, pitted green olives, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the brine together in the bottom of a large mixing bowl.
- Add the red bell peppers, olives and onion and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and spread the mixture on a large baking sheet that’s been coated with nonstick spray.
- Roast until the peppers are tender and beginning to caramelize, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the peppers roast, add the spinach to the bowl, drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the roasted pepper mixture to the spinach straight from the oven and combine until the spinach has wilted. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.