Normally, I buy fresh green beans and roast them at a high heat for a side dish for grilled steak. However, I wanted to try something a little different this time around, more along the lines of a warm salad. Blanching the green beans helps them retain their bright green color and crunchiness. The sweetness of the grape tomatoes and sauteed onion and garlic really offsets the tangy lemon juice in the dressing, too.
Warm Green Bean Salad
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Goat cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch the green beans and set them aside to cool. Mix together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat and add tomatoes, onion and garlic. Saute until tomatoes soften and onions become translucent. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Combine green beans and tomato mixture and toss gently with the dressing. Top with goat cheese crumbles and fresh cracked black pepper.
Leave a Reply