These quick-to-fix turkey burgers feature a unique combination of flavors.
Fresh sage and shallots are mixed directly into the meat, then the burgers are pan-seared and topped with apple slices sautéed in butter and a slice of creamy brie.
Print Recipe Pin Recipe SaveSaved!
Turkey-Sage Burgers w/Sautéed Apples and Brie
Pan-seared turkey burgers flavored with fresh sage and shallots are topped with sautéed apples and melted brie.
- 1 lb ground turkey, not white meat
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 medium shallot, finely chopped (2 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Four 1/4-inch thick slices brie, brought to room temperature
- 4 seeded rolls
For the apples:
- 1 medium apple, cored, peeled and cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pinch of salt
- Make the sautéed apples first by melting the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the apple slices in a single layer and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Cook until tender and light golden in color, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Combine the ground turkey, salt, a little freshly ground pepper, mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, shallots and sage in a large bowl. Mix well and form into 4 equally-sized burgers.
- Add the vegetable oil to the pan you cooked the apples in and raise the heat to medium high. Cook the burgers, turning several times, until firm and no longer pink in the middle, 7 to 8 minutes total.
- Remove from the heat, top each with a portion of apples and a slice of brie. Cover the pan and set aside for 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt, then place the burgers on the buns and serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?Did you add your own special touch? We’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment and a rating to share your thoughts with others.
Leave a Reply