Tropical Breakfast Smoothie
Made with a blend of cashew milk, pineapple juice, Greek yogurt, bananas and mangoes, this tasty smoothie is very low in fat and sodium, and high in calcium, fiber, potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin B12. Perfect for breakfast, it’s not only nutritious, but hearty enough to easily keep you satisfied until lunch.
- 1-3/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk (substitute almond or skim milk)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon brown flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 cup cubed mango (frozen is fine)
- 3/4 cup ice cubes (or 1/2 cup crushed ice)
- Add the cashew (or almond) milk, pineapple juice, flax seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, turmeric and Greek yogurt in a blender.
- Blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth and the seeds are pureed, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Add the bananas, mango cubes and ice. Blend at high speed until smooth and creamy, 20 to 30 seconds more.