This raita is a cool, exotically flavored yogurt sauce would complement any Indian-style dish very well. Delicious on Tandoori Chicken Wraps.Print
Tomato and Cucumber Raita
Mix up a creamy Indian-style yogurt sauce to put on wraps, grilled dishes and more.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded & cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded & cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- In small bowl, combine cucumber cubes and salt. Allow to stand 5 minutes. Drain accumulated liquid. Add onion, lime, tomato, cilantro, cumin, and yogurt. Stir to combine.
For best results, prepare raita at least one hour in advance to allow the flavors to develop.