The tart, tangy flavor of fresh raspberries make these delicious cream cheese brownies a truly special treat. Cake-like around the edges, fudge-like in the middle and swirled with lightly sweetened, creamy cheese they're a fabulous combination of textures and flavors.Print
Tangy Raspberry Cheese Brownies
Delicious fudge-like brownies swirled with lightly sweetened cream cheese and topped with tangy, fresh raspberries.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: about 24 brownies
- 6 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
- 1-1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and generously grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Break the chocolate into small chunks and combine with the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until the butter is completely melted. Stir until the chocolate has melted into the butter completely. Add the brown sugar and continue stirring until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat 4 of the eggs with 1-1/2 teaspoons of the vanilla extract. Stir in 1 cup of the flour and combine well. Add the chocolate mixture and continue mixing until smooth. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Combine the cream cheese, remaining 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of flour, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and the granulated sugar. Using a wire whisk, combine until smooth and creamy. Drop large spoonfuls evenly over the brownie batter and swirl in with a knife.
- Distribute the fresh raspberries over the top and press them into the batter gently with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting. Store in the refrigerator and set out a room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving.
For a little bit of a flavor twist, try substituting fresh goat cheese for 3 ounces of the cream cheese. You can also use quartered fresh strawberries or halved pitted cherries in place of the raspberries if desired.