Tandoori-spiced chicken, fresh cilantro, crunchy carrots and red pepper are combined with mango chutney-yogurt sauce to make a pungent filling for these easy wraps. Serve with an oil and vinegar dressed coleslaw and chips to round out the meal.Print
Tandoori-Style Chicken Wraps
These delicious wraps are filled with fragrant, tandoori-spiced chicken, crunchy carrots and peppers and a pungent chutney-yogurt sauce.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken (preferably tenderloins or thighs)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper, cut into matchstick pieces
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
For the chutney-yogurt sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, drained of excess liquid
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons jarred mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Pinch of salt
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and place in a bowl. Add the sesame oil and orange juice and stir to coat the chicken. In a small bowl, combine the cumin, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric and salt. Sprinkle over the chicken and mix well. Set aside for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Combine the yogurt, tomato paste, chutney, orange zest, curry powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and no longer pink in the middle, 4 to 6 minutes.
- To serve, spread each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon of sauce. Add a portion of chicken, top with carrots, red bell pepper, scallions and cilantro and roll up.
Season the chicken and make the sauce up to 8 hours ahead of time for more pungent flavors.