Sweet-Spicy Turkey Flatbreads
These easy-to-make turkey flatbreads made with store-bought naan get their sweet and spicy flavor from mango chutney and curry powder.
If you’re looking for a good way to use up leftover roast turkey (or chicken) without feeling like you’re eating a rehash of the same meal, give this simple naan flatbreads a try.
The sweet and spicy combination of curry powder, mango chutney, jalapeño, and fresh cilantro adds a tangy, fresh flavor that pairs beautifully with the creamy melted mozzarella.
- 1-1/2 cups cooked turkey (or chicken), cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, divided
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, divided
- 1/4 cup mango chutney, divided
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 6 ounces coarsely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Arrange the naan on a parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cooked turkey, 3 tablespoons of the yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon of the curry powder and 1 tablespoon of the chutney. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine the remaining yogurt, chutney and curry powder. Divide the mixture between the 4 naan and spread evenly to within 1/2-inch of the edges.
- Top each naan with a portion of the turkey mixture, then scatter scallions, jalapeño, red bell pepper and mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the naan is crisp and golden and the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and top with chopped cilantro. Allow to cool for 3 minutes, then cut into pieces.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 419Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 660mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 25g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.