This stuffed pork tenderloin is butterflied and flavored from the inside out with a simple stuffing of goat cheese, fresh basil, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic. A high roasting temperature cooks the pork quickly, keeping the meat tender and juicy and making this dish an easy main course to serve any night of the week.Print
Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
This quick-cooking, stuffed pork tenderloin is butterflied and filled with a flavorful combination of goat cheese, fresh basil, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1-1/4 lbs)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons chiffonade of fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (see notes)
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F and coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Trim the silver skin from the exterior of the pork and butterfly it by making a lengthwise cut down the middle, stopping about 1/2-inch from the opposite side to keep the halves together.
- Spread the meat flat and place it between two sheets of plastic wrap. Pound gently until the pork is an even thickness of 1/4 to 1/2-inch. Season the top side with salt and pepper.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of olive oil with the garlic in a small bowl. Add the goat cheese, basil and sun-dried tomatoes and mix well. Spread the mixture in a line down the center of of the pork, then roll it back into a cylinder shape.
- Evenly space 5 pieces of kitchen twine on your work surface and lay the tenderloin seam side down on top of them. Cinch and knot the twine to secure the roll, trim off the excess and transfer it to the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the outside of the tenderloin with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 18 to 20 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center registers 140°F.
- Allow the pork to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
If using oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes omit the additional olive oil from the filling.