Strawberry-Basil Frozen Yogurt
If you've never tried the flavors of fragrant basil and fresh strawberries together, you're really missing out on a wonderful combination. This recipe combines the two with the creamy tang of Greek yogurt and a touch of balsamic vinegar for a refreshing and unique dessert.
- 3 cups plain Greek-style yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- In a large bowl, stir together the Greek-style yogurt, sugar, vanilla extract and balsamic vinegar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place the strawberries in the work bowl of a food processor and pulse until puréed. Add the fresh basil and pulse until chopped, but pieces of the leaves are still visible. Combine the strawberries and basil with the yogurt mixture and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to a tightly covered container and freeze for an additional 2 to 4 hours before serving.