Strawberry-Banana Quick Bread
This easy-to-make quick bread showcases the classic flavor marriage of strawberries and bananas, enhanced by a hint of cinnamon. The recipe comes together in less than an hour including baking time, and is wonderful served warm with whipped butter or cream cheese.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, stemmed and chopped (8 to 12 berries)
- 1/2 medium ripe banana
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and generously grease a standard loaf pan (9" x 5" x 2-3/4").
- Using a fork, mash the strawberries and bananas together in a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and mix until dissolved. Add the oil, eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt, then add to the strawberry mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn onto a rack and cool for an additional 10 minutes before slicing.
This bread has a light, moist texture despite the fact that it doesn't rise a lot, so don't be concerned if it doesn't fill the loaf pan.