Spicy Garlic Oven Fries
Great for serving alongside sandwiches, this is an easy, low-fat recipe for crispy oven fries flavored with fresh garlic, sweet paprika and cayenne.
- 2-1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch fries
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the 3 tablespoons of the vegetable oil and garlic in the bottom of a large mixing bowl and set aside at room temperature for 15 minutes to allow the garlic flavor to infuse the oil. Add the salt, paprika, cayenne and a few grinds of black pepper and whisk until well combined.
- Add the potatoes to the mixture and, using your hands, toss to coat them thoroughly with the oil. Coat two large baking sheets with nonstick spray and spread out the potatoes in a single layer. Allow as much room as possible between the fries so they brown nicely.
- Roast until crispy and golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes, shaking the pans and rotating their positions in the oven once or twice during cooking. Serve immediately.