This tasty carrot salad gets its pungent flavor from English mustard, a spicy blend of both brown and white mustard seeds.
It’s a great ingredient to have on hand as its flavor is a wonderful complement to naturally sweet foods like carrots, sweet potatoes, and winter squash.
Spicy Carrot Salad
- 1 lb carrots, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon English mustard, Colman’s
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Whisk the vegetable oil, lemon juice, mustard and honey together in the bottom of a large mixing bowl. Add the carrots and parsley, toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set aside for 45 to 60 minutes, tossing every so often to ensure even flavor. Drain any excess liquid that has accumulated and transfer to a serving bowl.