Spiced Hot Cocoa
Homemade hot cocoa is a delicious dessert alternative that will satisfy a sweet tooth on a cold winter night, and you probably have all the necessary ingredients on hand in the pantry. We've added a little bit of spice to this recipe for extra flavor and included a few serving suggestions too.
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of ground allspice
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder (or vanilla extract)
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together with the water. Once the cocoa is thoroughly blended, heat to desired drinking temperature either in the microwave or on top of the stove.
*You can always use 3/4 cup of milk in place of the water and dry milk if you plan to drink the cocoa right away.
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla powder (optional)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Sift the dry milk, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla powder, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg together to make a fine powder.
- To make 1 serving, combine 1/2 cup of the mix with 3/4 cup of hot water.
- Once the cocoa is thoroughly blended, heat to desired drinking temperature either in the microwave or on top of the stove.