Speedy Cream Cheese And Olive Spread
This is a simple and versatile appetizer spread that can be whipped up in a flash from ingredients you probably have on hand. Serve it with any variety of crackers or crudités – it’s flavorful enough to be served immediately, or it can be made ahead and stored up to three days in the refrigerator. Don’t miss the blue cheese variation listed in the recipe notes.
- 1 package (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pimento-stuffed Spanish olives
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons brine from the olives
- 3 or 4 drops of hot sauce
- Lemon pepper to taste
- Place the softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, whip until light and fluffy. Stir in the olives, olive brine, hot sauce and lemon pepper and combine thoroughly.
- Transfer to a serving bowl to serve as a dip or chill for about an hour and form the mixture into a log.
- Serve with your choice of breadsticks, crackers, toasted baguette slices, or carrot and celery sticks.
For a variation, add in 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, chill, form into a log and roll in chopped almonds.