This is a simple and versatile appetizer spread that can be whipped up in a flash from ingredients you probably have on hand. Serve it with any variety of crackers or crudités – it’s flavorful enough to be served immediately, or it can be made ahead and stored up to three days in the refrigerator. Don’t miss the blue cheese variation listed in the recipe notes.
Print Recipe Pin Recipe SaveSaved!
Speedy Cream Cheese And Olive Spread
Whip up some cream cheese and mix in some chopped olives, hot sauce and lemon pepper for a super-simple spread for crackers or raw veggies.
- 1 package, 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pimento-stuffed Spanish olives
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons brine from the olives
- 3 or 4 drops of hot sauce
- Lemon pepper to taste
- Place the softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, whip until light and fluffy. Stir in the olives, olive brine, hot sauce and lemon pepper and combine thoroughly.
- Transfer to a serving bowl to serve as a dip or chill for about an hour and form the mixture into a log.
- Serve with your choice of breadsticks, crackers, toasted baguette slices, or carrot and celery sticks.
Recipe Notes:For a variation, add in 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, chill, form into a log and roll in chopped almonds.
Have you tried this recipe?Did you add your own special touch? We’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment and a rating to share your thoughts with others.
Leave a Reply