These cookies are for true chocolate lovers. They’re soft, cake-like and, thanks to the sour cream, not too sweet. The coffee liqueur lends subtle flavor without any alcohol overtones.Print
Sour Cream Chocolate Drops
Soft, cake-like cookies, full of rich dark chocolate and sour cream flavors and a hint of coffee liqueur.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: about 3 dozen 1x
- Category: Baking
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1–1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Coarse decorating sugar
- Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl, and using an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, coffee liqueur and sour cream and continue beating until well blended.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, and using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix thoroughly. Mix in the chocolate chips, then cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop the cookies by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart onto the parchment-lined sheets. Sprinkle the tops with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until just set. Cool on wire racks. Store, tightly covered, up to 3 days at room temperature, 1 week refrigerated.