This mini baked potato appetizer requires minimal prep time and not too much last minute attention, making it a great choice for casual entertaining. Look for one of the baby potato varieties that are about an inch or so long so your guests can eat them in one or two bites. Be sure to check the recipe notes for our blue cheese variation.Print
Sour Cream and Chive Stuffed Potato Bites
Bite-sized baby potatoes baked and filled with a simple mixture of sour cream and fresh chives make an easy, affordable appetizer for a crowd.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 24 pieces
- Category: Appetizers
- 24 baby potatoes (uniformly sized – about 1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a shallow baking pan with parchment.
- Cut a thin slice from each end of the potatoes. Using a melon baller or small spoon, hollow out a cavity about the size of a marble on one end of each potato.
- Place the prepared potatoes in mixing bowl and drizzle with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer the potatoes to the baking sheet and stand upright on the solid end. Roast until tender when pierced with a knife, 16 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine the sour cream and chives in a small bowl, reserving about 1 teaspoon of chives for garnish. Once they are cool, fill each potato with a rounded half-teaspoon of the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
For an easy and flavorful variation, replace 2 tablespoons of the sour cream with 2 tablespoons finely crumbled blue cheese.