Diced smoked salmon and fresh dill make tasty additions to a serving of creamy scrambled eggs. Alongside buttered toast, English muffins or bagels, they make a great breakfast, lunch or late-night dinner.Print
- 4 large eggs
- 1–1/2 tablespoons half-and-half or cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Break the eggs into a small mixing bowl, add the milk and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk until the eggs are frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Melt the butter in a small (8-inch) nonstick fry pan over medium-low heat and add the eggs. Allow to set for about 30 seconds, then scatter the diced salmon and dill evenly over the top.
- Working from the outer edges of the pan, gently draw a silicone (or rubber) spatula through the eggs toward the center to form soft, shiny curds.
- Continue cooking in this manner until the eggs are no longer runny, but still look creamy and somewhat shiny. Remove from the heat and let stand 1 minute before serving.
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch