Oven-roasting is one of our favorite ways to cook fresh zucchini, not just because it's quick and easy, but because the high heat really brings out the zucchini's natural sweetness. This recipe takes that deliciousness one step further by using a toasted breadcrumb topping to add depth of flavor and a bit of crunch.Print
- 4 medium zucchini
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1–1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and coat a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini and quarter them lengthwise.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and a few grinds of black pepper on a cutting board or sheet of wax paper.
- Lightly brush the cut sides of each zucchini spear with olive oil and press into the crumbs to make a light coating.
- Arrange the zucchini skin side down on the prepared baking sheet leaving at least 1-inch between the spears. Roast until the zucchini is tender and the crumbs are lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.