Red potatoes, flavored with fresh thyme and garlic and roasted until golden brown, make a simple accompaniment suitable for a wide variety of meats, poultry or fish. The preparation takes only a few minutes, and they’re a good choice to serve alongside foods with rich or strongly flavored sauces.Print
Roasted Garlic And Thyme Potatoes
Roasted potatoes get a real flavor boost from fresh thyme and garlic.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2–1/2 to 3 lbs red potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Scrub the potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks and place in a large bowl. Add the melted butter, garlic, thyme leaves, about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a bit of black pepper. Toss to combine well and spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 to 50 minutes, turning several times, until the potatoes are golden brown and crisp around the edges.