Pork and sweet potatoes are classic comfort foods that get a real boost in flavor from spicy red curry paste, fish sauce, some fresh lime and creamy coconut milk in this easy, quick-to-fix Thai curry. Serve with a cucumber salad and steamed jasmine rice for a satisfying dinner.
Red Curry Pork with Sweet Potatoes
- 1 lb boneless pork chops, sliced crosswise into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red curry paste, see recipe notes
- 1-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Zest and juice from one lime, or kaffir lime – see recipe notes
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce, or more to taste
- 1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat the vegetable oil in a stir-fry pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the curry paste, combine until smooth, add the pork and toss to coat thoroughly with the garlic-curry mixture.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add the sweet potatoes, lower the heat to medium and continue cooking until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the lime juice, zest (and kaffir lime leaves if using), fish sauce and brown sugar. Stir to combine and simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve over steamed jasmine rice and top with chopped cilantro.
Leave a Reply