Our recipe for homemade pimento cheese is a quick and easy Southern-style favorite made with diced pimentos, sharp cheddar, cream cheese and a touch of mayo. You can whip it up in just a few minutes and use it as a spread for crackers or sandwiches, make some stuffed celery or put a healthy dollop on top of a juicy grilled burger for added flavor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Yield: 1-3/4 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1-3/4 cups
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pimentos, well drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic, lemon juice, mayonnaise and hot sauce to a small mixing bowl and combine until creamy and well blended. Stir in the pimentos and season to taste with salt and pepper.
For best flavor, cover and let stand for at least 30 minutes. Leftover spread can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.