Ginger-infused sugar syrup adds extra flavor and a subtle kick to this fresh-tasting version of raspberry lemonade.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 quarter-sized slices of ginger
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cups cold water
- At least 4 hours before serving, bring the water and sugar to a boil in a non-reactive saucepan. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the syrup turns completely clear.
- Place the ginger slices in a glass jar and muddle gently. Pour the hot syrup over them, refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours, then strain out the ginger.
- Muddle the raspberries in the bottom of a pitcher, add the lemon juice, ginger-infused simple syrup and 3 cups of water. Stir, taste and add more water if desired. Chill thoroughly before serving.