Quinoa and Goat Cheese Frittata
Tangy sun-dried tomatoes and scallions add robust flavor to this easy frittata recipe made with quinoa, goat cheese and spinach. Protein-rich and versatile enough to be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner it’s a great way to use leftover quinoa to make an easy, nutritious meal.
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cream or half-and-half
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (we used rainbow quinoa)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 to 6 ounces baby spinach
- 2 to 3 scallions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Beat the eggs and cream together in a mixing bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Combine the quinoa and sun-dried tomatoes in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet. Add the spinach and sauté until wilted, 2 minutes. Add the scallions and cook 1 minute longer.
- Using a slotted spoon add the spinach and scallions to the quinoa mixture and combine well.
- Wipe out the skillet and return it to the stove over medium heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and once melted, swirl to evenly coat the bottom of the pan. Pour in the eggs and cook undisturbed for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully spoon the quinoa-spinach mixture evenly over the eggs. Top with the crumbled goat cheese and bake just until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges for serving.