Keep this easy cobbler recipe on hand for when you need a homemade dessert that doesn’t require a lot of time and effort. We used equal quantities of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries, but you can use any combination you choose to equal six cups. We recommend serving it warm, topped with a little vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.Print
Quick Berry Cobbler
Buttermilk baking mix, a mixture of fresh berries and a few pantry staples are all you need to whip up this easy and delicious berry cobbler.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baking
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, blackberries or blueberries (or any combination)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1–1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
For the cobbler topping:
- 1 cup pancake and baking mix
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place the berries and sugar in a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Whisk the water and cornstarch together in a small bowl until the cornstarch is dissolved. Stir into the berries along with the lemon juice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring frequently until thick and bubbly, about 6 minutes total. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the baking mix, butter, milk, sugar, cinnamon and ginger to form a soft, sticky dough.
- Thoroughly spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray. Spoon the berry mixture evenly into the bottom of the dish, then drop the dough mixture by rounded tablespoons on top.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until light golden brown. Serve warm topped with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
To reheat leftovers, remove the cobbler from the refrigerator for 30 minutes to come to room temperature, then warm in a low oven (250°F) or reheat individual servings in the microwave on 50% power.