This recipe for crispy, baked crab cakes couldn’t be any easier to prepare. With just six ingredients and very little hands-on time, they’re a great choice for a quick weeknight meal.Print
Quick Baked Crab Cakes
This recipe for crispy, baked crab cakes couldn’t be any easier to prepare. With just six ingredients and very little hands-on time, they’re a great choice for a quick weeknight meal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 crab cakes (3 to 4 servings)
- Category: Main Dishes
- 1 container (8-ounce) pasteurized crabmeat
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 scallions, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and coat a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Drain the crab in a colander and using your fingers, pick through it to remove any bits of shell that might remain after processing.
- Transfer the crab to a mixing bowl, then add the panko crumbs, mayonnaise, lemon juice and scallions and combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then add the egg and combine thoroughly.
- Gently but firmly, pack some of the mixture into a 1/3 cup measure that has been coated with nonstick spray.
- Turn the measuring cup upside down and tap it gently until the formed crab cake comes out. Using your hands, gently firm the mixture into a patty and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the crab mixture – you should end up with 6 crab cakes.
- Bake the crab cakes for 10 minutes, then remove them from the oven and gently turn them over . Continue baking for an additional 10 minutes or until golden and crisp on the outside.
- Serve immediately with cocktail and/or tartar sauce and lemon wedges.