This recipe is inspired by the popular Korean-style BBQ Tacos found on food trucks across the country. Our version is filled with the same oven-roasted pulled pork we use in our Vietnamese Pulled Pork Sandwiches, only for this recipe we combined the meat with a different set of sauce ingredients. A bit of shredded cabbage, thinly sliced sweet onion, quick cucumber-jalapeño “pickles” and fresh cilantro complete the mix of flavors that make this style of taco such a hit.Print
Pulled Pork Tacos with Korean Flavors
Our oven-roasted pulled pork combined with Korean-style sauce, fresh cilantro and quick cucumber-jalapeno pickles makes a delicious filling for soft tacos.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups cooked pulled pork (see our Vietnamese Pulled Pork Sandwiches)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1-1/2 cups thinly shredded cabbage
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, washed and trimmed
- Lime wedges
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed
For the fresh cucumber-jalapeño pickles:
- 1/2 English cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- First, make the cucumber-jalapeno pickles by combining the rice vinegar and sugar in a small bowl and stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Add the cucumber and jalapeño slices, stir to combine and season to taste with salt. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Place the sesame oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice and sriracha in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved, then add the pork and heat through. Set aside.
- To assemble the tacos, place a portion of shredded cabbage, sliced onion and cucumber-jalapeño pickles in the center of each tortilla. Top with the pulled pork and fresh cilantro and serve with wedges of lime.
About Pulled Pork:
Our oven-roasted pulled pork is a simple recipe that can yield multiple meals with very little effort. We have two basic recipes – one with traditional barbecue-style flavors (Oven Roasted Pulled Pork Sandwiches) and one with Asian-style flavors (Vietnamese Pulled Pork Sandwich – Bahn Mi). The method is simple, make a seasoning rub for a 4 to 5 pound pork butt, slow roast it all day in a low oven, shred the meat and combine it with an easy-to-make sauce. You’ll get at least 12 servings from one inexpensive roast, so it’s economical too.