Ready in just about 30 minutes, this simple stir-fry recipe is made with boneless pork, fresh snap peas and an easy three-ingredient sauce. Served with ramen noodles that have been tossed with a little bit of toasted sesame oil, it makes a great weeknight dinner and can easily be adapted to use a variety of proteins like chicken, beef or even shrimp.Print
Pork and Snap Pea Stir-Fry with Ramen
This simple stir-fry recipe combines boneless pork, sugar snap peas, a three-ingredient sauce and ramen noodles to make a quick, flavorful weeknight meal.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Main Dishes
- 3/4 lb boneless pork chops
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 8 to 9 ounces ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces snap peas
- 6 to 8 scallions, chopped
For the stir fry sauce:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Put a pot of salted water on to boil for the ramen. Reserve any seasoning packets for another use.
- Prepare the stir fry sauce by stirring the soy sauce, oyster sauce and brown sugar together in a small bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Trim any excess fat from the pork chops and slice them into thin (1/8-inch) strips. Add the cornstarch and soy sauce to a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the pork strips and garlic, toss until well combined and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Cook the ramen until tender, drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Quickly whisk the cooking liquid together with the sesame oil, drizzle over the drained noodles and toss until coated. Set aside.
- Add the vegetable oil to a wok or large skillet and heat over high heat. Add the pork and stir fry until no longer pink on the outside, about 1-1/2 minutes. Add the snap peas and continue cooking until the peas are crisp-tender and bright green, 1-1/2 minutes longer.
- Add the stir fry sauce and scallions, combine well and using slotted spoon, transfer the meat and vegetables to a bowl leaving the juices in the pan. Add the ramen noodles to the sauce and toss to coat.
- To serve, you can either combine the pork and snap peas with the ramen prior to plating or plate them separately as shown in our photo.