Pork, Peach and White Cheddar Panini
This sweet and savory roast pork panini sandwich is made with sourdough bread, sliced peaches, sautéed onion, and sharp cheddar cheese.
This delicious pork panini sandwich is made with thin slices of roasted pork tenderloin. It's a great way to use up leftover pork and the sweet and savory flavor combination just can't be beat.
We start with good quality sourdough bread and fill the sandwich with pork, sliced peaches, sautéed sweet onion and slices of sharp cheddar cheese. The flavors blend so beautifully, you don't even need condiments like mustard or mayo
- 3/4 lb cooked roast pork, very thinly sliced (see below)
- 1 large onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12 thin slices sharp white cheddar cheese (5 to 6 ounces)
- 12 slices firm white bread (e.g. sourdough)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- Prepare the sautéed onions first. Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat and add the onion.
- Sauté until lightly caramelized, 6 to 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Spread half of the butter on one side of 6 slices of bread and set aside. Top the other 6 slices with a slice of cheddar cheese and a portion of sautéed onions.
- Follow with sliced pork, then peaches. Top each sandwich with another slice of cheddar and finish with the buttered slice of bread (butter side up).
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high and brush the ridges with a bit of oil. Add 2 of the sandwiches (buttered side down), and press with a panini press. If you don't have a panini press, simply use the back of a large spatula and press down firmly on the sandwiches.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown with nice grill marks, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Quickly butter the top slices of bread and flip the sandwiches over.
- Press again and cook until the second side is toasted and the cheese is nicely melted, 2 to 4 minutes longer.
- Keep warm while you repeat the process with the remaining 4 sandwiches.
- Allow the sandwiches to rest for a few minutes before serving.
How To Roast A Pork Tenderloin
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and coat a shallow roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- Trim the silverskin from a 3/4 to 1 lb pork tenderloin.
- Brush lightly on all sides with a bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 18 minutes, or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 140°F.
- Let the pork rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 708 Total Fat: 47g Saturated Fat: 23g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 137mg Sodium: 850mg Carbohydrates: 39g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 32g