Pork Hoagie with Artichoke Relish
This is a delicious hot sub made with pan-seared pork, sauteed spinach, artichokes, roasted red peppers, green olives, and sliced provolone.
This Italian-inspired hot sub starts with a combination of thin strips of boneless pork and fresh spinach that have been sautéed in olive oil and garlic.
Combined with a rustic relish made with artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and green olives and a topping of melted provolone cheese, these pork hoagies make a hearty, flavorful, hand-held meal.
- 3/4 lb boneless pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons onion, very finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper (1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped)
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons green olives, chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 4 hoagie rolls (6-inch)
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Trim any excess fat from the pork and slice the chops into thin strips across the grain.
- Place them in a shallow bowl and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, onion, and garlic. Toss to combine, season with salt and pepper and set aside for 15 minutes.
- While the pork marinates, combine the roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts and olives. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy skillet, add the spinach and sauté over medium-high heat, just until wilted, 2 minutes.
- Arrange the hoagie rolls on the baking sheet and divide the spinach between them.
- Add the pork to the pan and pan-sear until no longer pink, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide the pork between the rolls, top with the artichoke mixture and sliced provolone.
- Place the sandwiches in the oven and cook until the cheese is melted and the rolls are lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 560 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 106mg Sodium: 1166mg Carbohydrates: 23g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 44g