This simple but rich combination of juicy pork tenderloin, creamy gorgonzola cheese and ripe, juicy pears makes a quick and easy dinner with an elegant flair. Serve with mashed or oven roasted potatoes and sautéed cabbage to complete the meal.Print
Pear and Gorgonzola-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and juicy, ripe pears make a sweet and savory stuffing for quick-cooking, pork tenderloin.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 to 1 lb each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium pears, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and coat a shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Using a sharp knife, remove any silver skin from the outside of the pork tenderloins. Cut a lengthwise slit about 1/2 of the way through each and set them on the prepared baking pan, flattening slightly to expose the cut area. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the pears, gorgonzola and shallot in a small bowl. Spoon the mixture evenly over the tenderloins and press lightly to firm.
- Roast for 18 to 25 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reads 145°F. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.