Treat your best friend to batch of homemade peanut butter dog biscuits. Made with wholesome ingredients that are doggy-safe, they're easy to make and a fun project to share with the kids.Print
Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Made with wholesome, healthy ingredients, this recipe for homemade dog treats is easy, fun to make and a great project to share with the kids.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 50 to 60 treats
- 1 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF and spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, milk, honey and oats. Then add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll out to about 1/4″ thickness and cut out treats with a boneshaped cookie cutter (ours is 2-1/2″ long). Re-roll remaining dough to get as many treats as possible.
- Place on prepared cookie sheets and poke three holes in each treat with a toothpick.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip treats and bake another 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
Note: Be sure to freeze any treats that won’t be consumed within a few days.