Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Made with wholesome, healthy ingredients, this recipe for homemade dog treats is easy, fun to make, and a great project to share with the kids.
Pamper your best friend with a batch of homemade peanut butter dog biscuits. He or she will love them and you can feel good knowing that you’re feeding a wholesome, all-natural treat.
Made with all-natural peanut butter, milk, honey, rolled oats, and whole wheat flour, they roll out easily and bake up in just about 20 minutes. It’s a great project to do with the kids.
- 1 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter (see important note below)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cookie sheets
- Rolling pin
- Bone-shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF and spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, milk, honey, and oats. Then add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll out to about 1/4″ thickness and cut out treats with a bone-shaped cookie cutter (ours is 2-1/2″ long). Re-roll remaining dough to get as many treats as possible.
- Place on prepared cookie sheets and poke three holes in each treat with a toothpick.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip treats and bake another 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
- Be sure to freeze any treats that won’t be consumed within a few days.
Make sure you use a peanut butter labeled "natural" with no artificial sweeteners, colors or preservatives. Artificial sweeteners can be highly toxic to dogs.