These peanut butter brownies are light and buttery, moist and not too sweet, with just the right blend of peanut butter and chocolate flavor.
Melt-In-Your-Mouth Peanut Butter Brownies
These brownies are tender in texture, not too sweet and have the just the right balance of chocolate and peanut butter flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 brownies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, grease an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with butter and line the bottom with a fitted square of wax paper.
- Place the chocolate in a glass bowl or measuring cup and microwave at full power for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir with a spatula until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and peanut butter together with the sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and melted chocolate stir to combine. Sift the flour into a small bowl and combine with the baking powder and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture and combine well. Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the edges have pulled away from the pan and the center is no longer jiggly.
- Cool on a rack in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a cutting board. Cut into 9 squares and serve or store in a tightly covered container for up to 3 days.