Peanut Butter Brownies
These brownies are tender in texture, not too sweet, and have just the right balance of chocolate and peanut butter flavor.
It’s hard to imagine a flavor combination more widely loved than chocolate and peanut butter and it works just as well for home baked brownies as it does for candy.
Aside from being easy to make, one of our favorite things about made-from-scratch brownies is the fact that they are usually a little less sweet than ones that come from a mix, and consequently, they have more chocolate flavor.
Add that to the subtle saltiness peanut butter brings to this recipe and you have an exceptionally flavorful, melt-in-your-mouth brownie that’s sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, grease an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with butter and line the bottom with a fitted square of wax paper.
- Place the chocolate in a glass bowl or measuring cup and microwave at full power for 45 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir with a spatula until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and peanut butter together with the sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and melted chocolate stir to combine.
- Sift the flour into a small bowl and combine with the baking powder and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture and combine well.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the edges have pulled away from the pan and the center is no longer jiggly.
- Cool on a rack in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a cutting board. Cut into 9 squares and serve or store in a tightly covered container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 5g
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and may vary from your actual results.