Sweet, ripe peaches, freshly squeezed lemon juice and a green tea-infused simple syrup combine to make a refreshing, delicately-flavored variation on a classic recipe for homemade lemonade.Print
Peach-Green Tea Lemonade
Fresh lemon juice, sweet peaches and green tea-infused simple syrup combine to make a sophisticated version of classic lemonade.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: about 1 quart
- Category: Drinks
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 green tea bags
- 1 large peach, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 to 4 cups cold water
- At least 4 hours before serving, bring the water and sugar to a boil in a non-reactive saucepan. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the syrup turns completely clear.
- Place the green tea bags in a glass jar. Pour the hot syrup over them, refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours, then press the liquid out of the tea bags and discard.
- Muddle the peach in the bottom of a pitcher, add the lemon juice, green tea-infused simple syrup and 3 cups of water. Stir, taste and add more water if desired. Chill thoroughly before serving.