Marinated artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes are terrific items to keep in your pantry as they can add a quick flavor boost to a wide variety of dishes. For this pasta recipe we've combined them with a splash of lemon juice and some fresh basil to make a light, uniquely flavored sauce to toss with your favorite cut of pasta. Serve with a salad to a quick yet satisfying meatless meal.Print
Pasta with Artichoke Sauce
Toss your favorite cut of pasta with this light, flavorful combination of marinated artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon and fresh basil to make a quick and easy pasta dinner.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 10 ounces pasta (rotini, penne)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade of fresh basil
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- Drain the marinated artichoke hearts and reserve the liquid. Transfer about 1/3 of the artichokes to the work bowl of a food processor or chopper. Add the reserved liquid and process until puréed.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic sauté until barely golden, about 1-1/2 minutes (do not brown).
- Add the puréed artichokes, chicken broth and sun-dried tomatoes. Bring the mixture to a simmer and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then reduce the heat to low to keep warm.
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions. Add the pasta to the sauce mixture along with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and basil.
- Toss to combine, then taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more lemon juice if desired. Serve immediately.